Saturday, February 16, 2013

Banana Berry Smoothie for One (or, should I say, for the Win?)

I've been getting into smoothies lately. Here's a simple concoction I made up. I've made this one for breakfast or a snack after work.


Ingredients:

Half a Banana, sliced
Strawberries
Frozen Blackberries
Frozen Blueberries
Almond Milk

You choose the ratio that works for you. I usually like to go a little heavy on the strawberries, myself. Blend all the ingredients together. Add a splash of more almond milk if smoothie is mixing up a little too thick.




I haven't yet, but I want to start experimenting adding greens, like spinach or kale, nuts for more protein (walnuts?), and possibly some flax and/or hemp seeds.  If I come up with any more winning mixtures, I shall report my findings!

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! that looks good!!!! I AM so going to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm very interested in your vegetable (greens) additions, if you experiment with that, please let me know! When we were in Germany I had the best vegetable juice drinks. I've not liked any that I've tried here in the US (I've only tried a couple though.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've experienced (when other people have made them), you don't really taste them very much, so it's a nice way to add extra nutrients. I'll let you know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to hear about your results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh!! I bought all of the ingredients to make this, I just double checked and realized that I forgot the strawberries! Well, I think I'll try one with a whole banana and no strawberries... next time I'll remember the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete