Thursday, January 31, 2013

Anita's sugar withdrawal!

If you search sugar withdrawal or sugar addiction on the internet you get mixed results. Some believe it doesn't exist, others believe it is real.... let me tell you sister, IT IS REAL. I have cut out sugar and I am being punished for it hahaha! Last night I felt if I didn't get a cookie or a nice bowl of chocolate ice cream I was going to start doing my best Queen of Hearts impression and start shouting "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" To anyone and everyone that crossed my path. But I snacked quietly on my toasted butternut squash seeds instead. The rather depressing episode of Wallander (A very well acted but depressing BBC TV detective series that is on instant watch Netflix) that we, Kevin and I, were watching last night didn't help (Kenneth Branagh's character makes me sleepy and depressed! And who knew that Loki had such a lovely mop of blond curly hair?) But I am determined to work my way through the withdrawals. I've read that it takes about three weeks to work through the withdrawals. So one week is almost down. I can do this! Right??? YES! I can! And I'm determined to go cold turkey. I'm not going to slowly wean myself from sugar pffft. I'm over weight, I don't want to be, so the solution is simple. So tonight, I have exciting plans. I'm going to watch another episode of Wallander and munch on some more toasted butternut squash seeds. Full of Win!
And Off With Their Heads! (I just had to throw that last bit in there to make me feel better;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment